I don't think it's any secret that I am terrible at first impressions, so this first blog is no exception. I have a problem of putting things off that I want to start, take this blog for example. Part of the reason is because I am lazy. Another reason is probably because I'm afraid of the result, afraid that it won't be perfect, so I put it off forever rather than take the chance of creating something I might not be satisfied with. I guess that goes to show what kind of person I am: very reserved, cautious, thoughtful -- the opposite of impulsive. Sometimes I wish I could change that, but it's not as simple as it sounds. Oh that reminds me, I'm afraid of change, maybe that's why I can't. I can't think of anything interesting to write about myself. Told you I was bad at first impressions. So I'll just end this first blog with a poem I like from Emily Dickinson. Maybe it will inspire me to write something more interesting next time.
Much Madness is divinest Sense –
To a discerning Eye –
Much Sense – the starkest Madness –
‘Tis the Majority
In this, as all, prevail –
Assent – and you are sane –
Demur – you’re straightway dangerous –
And handled with a Chain –
-- Emily Dickinson
1 comment:
well at least you started your blog, good job!
Post a Comment