So these past few weeks have been really strange but cool in a way. I'm TINA! just Tina (Tuyen) whatever you want to call me as if my name matters. I'm ME again and it feels really refreshing.
I went to the beach for the first (and probably last) time this "summer". Technically summer has not ended yet until September 21 or 22 but you know, school is lame and has to start early. But when I was at the beach, I saw Howl's shooting stars. Yeah, I really did. They even danced across the water in flickers and flashes. In a way it was sad, as all nostalgic things are. But I must say it brought back more "good stuff" than bad. They were just so enticing and I really have a thing for hanabi ;]


Sleep over?? I haven't slept over anywhere since 9th grade! So that was super fun! :D Girlfriends are the greatest :] It was just a perfect night. Everyone has been so wonderful to me these past few weeks and I really appreciate it! I don't know where I would be without my friends. I only hope I can one day reciprocate this. They have done more than enough for me.
This past week especially has been weird. I feel like life isn't surreal anymore. I'm looking through it with my own eyes again and finding things with my own self. I'm not on the outside looking in anymore. I'm here, and this is it.
Had a random lunch with some old friends yesterday! It's so refreshing to meet up with people you haven't seen in a long time and just finding out that we can totally relate to each other on so many levels. We went to Sushi Factory and oh my gosh, haha I don't know if I can do that again. ALL YOU CAN EAT sushi but I kind of died after. Haha, but I had lots of fun gossiping. ;] Had lots of phone calls with different people and that's felt great too. I love getting fresh perspectives and it's nice to hear someone else's voice besides my own for a change.
Yesterday was Refanie's last night. I'm so sad but she's so brave! GO STEPHANIE YOU CAN DO IT!
So I'm reading Sir Gawain and the Green Knight for the third time in these past 3 years. Can't I ever get a break? But I must say I enjoy it more each time.
He said, "Why should I tarry?"
And smiled with tranquil eye;
"In destinies sad or merry,
True men can but try."
--The goodly Sir Gawain

I am Sophie Hatter!


1 comment:
Hey I have to read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight in my Survey of English Lit class next week, haha
Post a Comment