Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Am (continued)

You guys are great! I was so excited to read each poem :D


Here's Crystal's, she also has an awesome blog if you want to check it out!

I AM Crystal Garcia

I Am

I am reserved and contemplative
I wonder why i spend so much of life thinking
I hear the whisper of a leaf
I see a beautiful sunset between my mattress and the floor
I want to be reached
I am contemplative and reserved

I pretend that i don't care
I feel a vacuum slurping at my heart strings
I touch the words i cannot seem to vocalize
I worry about tomorrow's tomorrow
I cry absolute lonliness
I am reserved and contemplative

I understand the air i breathe
I say i can.
I dream it'll all come together in the end.
I try to be open minded.
I hope for meaning.
I am contemplative and reserved.

Yours was so thoughtful, I guess that's why you're "contemplative" :P but I really liked it and can definitely relate to it! (oh and I didn't put mine up because I wanted to find the one I wrote in 7th grade first.. but I'm not having much luck.) "I feel a vacuum slurping at my heart strings, I touch the words i cannot seem to vocalize, I worry about tomorrow's tomorrow" -- I loved those lines!


And here is Nasser's! you can find his entertaining blog here!


I Am Nasser Khan

I am Nasser Khan from San Jose
I wonder what I'll learn today
I hear a bird by the window pane
I see a boat, a car, a plane.
I want a cold glass of orange juice
I am tight, narrow, open and loose

I pretend my future is set in stone
I feel a slight shiver across my bone
I touch the icing and eat the cake
I worry about my Vitamin K intake
I cry when I lose at Tic-Tac-Toe
I am sometimes uptight, but usually kicked back though

I understand the mating cycles of geese and ducks
I say bad words, but around my mom I say "Aw shucks!"
I dream about robots, castles and lasers
I try to be kind to all my neighbors
I hope my flatulence will go away
I am Nasser Khan from San Jose



Haha I felt a little intrusive reading this poem! Some of it seemed so private! :P I hope your flatulence goes away too. Thanks Nasser it was so fun to read. I loved your poem's sense of immediacy haha :D


And Alex made another! (even though I really liked the first one, this one is good too... not at all plain or bland haha) And here's Alex's cool blog with tons of great photography if you guys wanna see!



I Am Alex Chung

I am new and improved
I wonder what will happen to our thoughts and feelings in our afterlife
I hear US1Photo is a scam, never order from them
I see this little dust particle floating around in my right eye
I want to grow up and be well known
I am new and improved

I pretend my beat up Prelude is a Lamborghini
I feel the urge of going out right now and getting Taco Bell
I touch dogs’ paws because they feel funny
I worry about how my financial situation will end up by the end of this year
I cry only when I’m hurt and sad
I am new and improved

I understand that magic is not real
I say things people hate hearing
I dream about creating unforgettable memories
I try to remember everything
I hope that one day you will be successful and living the best life ever
I am new and improved


I really like this one! It was a perfect portrait.


You can write your own here!

4 comments:

Alex Chung said...

I am plain and bland. I like lemons because I live a sour life.

crystalgee said...

Nasser's poem was funny lol. and im not sure about whether i wana major in english or not yet... but i'm thinking about it lol. u?

Anonymous said...

I Am

I am i am persistent and selfish
I wonder i wonder how God creates neuro cell
I hear i hear the high pitched xylophone
I see i see a yellow school bus passing
I want i want you him to hate himself
I am i am persistent and selfish

I pretend i pretend that to be a First Lady
I feel i feel like i demand an attention when i walk in
I touch i touch a silk drapery
I worry i worry that this is it
I cry i cry over losing Mickey
I am i am persistent and selfish

I understand i understand that we lost our opposite attraction
I say i say that karma is a bitch
I dream i dream about my mom yelling
I try i try to let thins go
I hope i hope to be coronated in a ship
I am i am persistent and selfish

Anonymous said...

Am I?

I am the heir of irony.
I am purple-wise violet blabbery, cause I might be a royalty.
I am paradoxical, the humbleness of gluttony.
I am a fire ant- tiny bite makes you rusty.
I am pebbles in the bush, a stone moldy.
I am sugary sweet then Tabasco spicy.
I am nine thirty seven a-m, eight of January.
I am a riddle hidden in the remedy.