Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Day of High School

I was going through some of my old papers and I found a piece I had to write back in freshman year. On the second day of class, Mr. Kick made us all write about our first day. He collected the papers and kept them for us until the day we graduated.

I was such a scared kid and I had the greatest fear of walking alone or not knowing who was in my classes. I'm pretty sure I didn't get to finish but the abrupt ending is pretty funny in itself. :P


8.28.02

On the first day of high school, I got a ride with my cousin. I wasn’t nervous in the car; but when the car stopped and the school was in front of me, I began to get scared. I didn’t know my way around and I had lost my map. So, quickly meeting up with my friend from middle school, I checked her map.

I went to my first class, which was French 1. I didn’t know anybody there, but the class wasn’t so bad. My first day of high school was starting out pretty good. I didn’t even get lost to my biology class after French. In the class I recognized some people I knew, which was good. By the time break came, I was feeling more confident. But no one had the next class with me, P.E. I wandered around looking for where to go. I tried to follow people who were going towards the gym, but they all turned somewhere else. Luckily, I saw my friend who has the same class I did. She showed me the way and I was grateful. We also had fourth period together too. In. P.E. my friend didn’t have the same teacher as me so I ended up not walking with her to my fourth period, which was English 1A. When I came in the class, I was relieved. I had some friends here already. The class was actually funner than my other ones because the kids seemed more relaxed.

Lunch finally came. My friends and I ate with some sophomores they knew. I felt out of place because I didn’t know them well. Lunch seemed to have gone on longer than thirty minutes because I was a little bored of listening to my friends talking to the sophomores. When the bell rang, I had to go to a portable for geometry. There was nobody I knew there.



Sigh, there was nobody I knew there. haha I hated freshman year now that I think about it!

1 comment:

Niggidy Nas said...

hahah i love this. you don't know anyone!